Incorporate mechanical engineering skills with knowledge of product design to direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Regular, reliable, consistent, and punctual attendance.
- Physical presence working on-site for direct in-person interaction and coordination of day-to-day activities.
- Develop practical economic solutions to meet performance, cost, and schedule requirements within program
- Research and select materials for products and/or designs.
- Research and develop mechanical designs to meet product specifications, customer expectations and
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and provide solutions for existing mechanical designs.
- Support product development initiatives and contribute to a continuous improvement environment for products,
technology and engineering processes.
- Develop Engineering BOM’s (Bill of Materials).
- Develop product DFMEA's (Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis).
- Specify test requirements for product validation.
- Analyze test data and report on findings.
- Develop engineering specifications and procedures.
- Work independently based on general direction. Creativity and accuracy are essential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain and support an active cross-functional team approach to projects and problem solving.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES - None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s Degree desirable
- Eight plus years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering field
- Strong leadership, inter-personal / communication skills, working in a team environment
- Experience in product design a plus, (detail/test design, materials development)
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong math skills
- Experience with Solid Works, AutoCAD, MS Project desired
- Knowledge of casting design, thermal design and understanding dynamics of engine vibration a plus
LANGUAGE SKILLS - English
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Basic and Advanced Math
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Extended time may be required working on a computer. Specific vision requirements include close vision (20” or less), distance vision (20’ or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. May require out-of-area/overnight travel. May be required to lift/move up to 35 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Non-smoking, clean manufacturing facility with cross-functional, empowered teams. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
DAVCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.